Denture Care: Do's and Don'ts
Denture Care: Do’s and Don’ts
By Admin on July 17, 2019 in Dental Care
If you have many missing teeth, dentures can be your greatest blessing. These are custom-made replacement teeth that you can take in and out of your mouth. They are designed to help you complete many daily activities such as talking and eating. They also give you a smile that you can be proud to show off. However, when you receive Dentures in Toronto, proper care is needed. When your dentures are poorly cared for, they have a shorter lifespan, are uncomfortable to wear, and you are more at risk of infections and various oral conditions in your mouth.
Here are several things you should and should not do when caring for your dentures.
Just as you care for your natural teeth, you need to properly care for your dentures. Here are a few things you should do:
- Visit your local dentures clinic regularly. This will ensure your dentures fit well and are not loose and uncomfortable. It will also keep them in tip-top condition. Ideally, you should visit a dentures clinic in Toronto at least once a year.
- Brush your dentures daily. Your dentures can become home to a large number of bacteria, food, debris, and other elements. You need to brush them regularly to keep them clean.
- Use the proper denture cleaner. You don’t want to use just any cleaner when it comes to caring for your teeth. When you use the right type of cleaner, you protect your replacement teeth from staining and you help keep them properly sanitized.
Poor care and oral habits will affect how your dentures in Toronto fit and can cause extensive damage. Here are a few things you should avoid when it comes to caring for your dentures:
- Don’t bite down on hard foods. You should talk to your dentist about the foods you should avoid with dentures in your mouth.
- Don’t adjust the dentures by yourself. Without proper knowledge and training, you can cause more damage to your dentures. If you find that there is a problem with how your dentures feel or wear, you should call your local dentures clinic in Toronto to schedule an appointment.
- Don’t sleep with your dentures. When you leave your dentures in your mouth for too long, it can not only cause extensive bacteria growth on your replacement teeth but it increases your risk of infections, wounds, etc. in your mouth.
- Don’t ignore the guidance of your dentist. If you want your teeth to look and feel great, you must follow the care and advice of professionals.
If you have any questions about wearing and caring for dentures in Toronto, or you have other oral health concerns, contact Cloverdale Dental Group today. A member of their friendly and knowledgeable staff are ready to answer all of your questions.